Report a Problem

Axminster Town Council is one tier of local government, and each tier have different responsibilities to their community. This can sometimes be confusing to those who aren’t familiar with the different structures and responsibilities.

In order to make it easier to report a problem to the correct Local Authority, and for the problem to be dealt with more quickly, please click on the specific links below:

Council Responsibilities

East Devon District Council

Online reporting which can be made via the East Devon District Council website:

Missed refuse collection

View planning applications

Pay your Council Tax online

For the latest Council Tax rates, please click here 

 Apply for Housing Benefit

We also have a drop-in Housing Benefit Surgery at the Guildhall every Thursday morning 9.30am – 11.30am

Apply for Council Tax support

Challenge a parking fine

The general switchboard no. for all other enquiries is 01395 516551.

Devon County Council



Flooding or drainage problems

Hazardous or Fallen Trees

Trip hazards on pavements or cycleways or broken manhole covers

Public Rights of Way access problems

The general switchboard no. for all other enquiries is 0345 155 1015.

Contact details for our Devon County Councillor can be found here

Please send us a message below.



To respond to your enquiry, we may have to share your information with Council Staff, Councillors or other third parties. If you are happy for us to do this, please tick here.


Other Useful Numbers

South West Water
To report water/sewerage leaks 0844 3462020

To report a faulty streetlight (not on Council land)
(Supply column no.) 08705 561851

Non emergency no. 101

Non emergency no. (24hrs, 365 days yr) 111
Dog Warden Service
To report dog fouling 0345 6010211

Environment Agency
Floodline 0345 988 1188 (24 hour service)

General Enquiries
Mon-Fri, 8am – 6pm 03708 506 506